The Executive Committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Serving as the clearinghouse to review and forward items for discussion and action to the Commission and its various working groups and units.
- Acting on an emergency basis on behalf of the Commission, as necessary, between regular meetings of the Commission.
- Approving the agendas for the Commission, annual and special meetings.
- Determining the annual Commission work plan and functional calendar of activities.
- Adopting the Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) annually with DHSP.
- Standing as a hearing committee for grievances.
- Concurring with committee chairmanship selections.
- Addressing matters related to the Commission staffing, personnel and operations.
- Conducting an annual performance appraisal of the Executive Director and forwarding the results to the Executive Office.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Board of Supervisors or by the Commission.